Some of the Basic but important Eligibility Criteria for joining Merchant Navy are:-
- For joining Merchant Navy on Officer Grade is after finishing 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Math). But don’t worry if you are from other stream (Arts or Commerce) or having a minimum qualification of 10th, then also you can apply for joining Merchant Navy by doing Pre-Sea Training Courses.
- Your Marital Status must be single at the time of joining Merchant Navy (Either Male or Female).
- You must have your eyesight 6/6, but don’t worry if you are wearing glasses (spectacles) because glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed but you must not have color blindness.
- For applying Officer Grade job in Merchant Navy you may have to face an Entrance Test (IMU CET) or an Interview, but basically after 10th or for basic job profile in Merchant Navy you can have direct admission in Pre-Sea Training Courses.
- For applying in Marine Courses after 10th or 12th your age should be between (17&half to 25) but for higher level Officer Grade after completing diploma or b.tech it may increase by (28to 35) depending upon qualification and courses.
- You have to face a Medical Test for applying every Marine Courses, so you must be physically as well as mentally fit.
- And the most important point candidate must apply in a DG Shipping (Directorate General of Shipping) approved institutions for doing marine courses or training, and you must aware of fake institutions or their application forms which are non-dg shipping approved. Verify all the details about college/Institution/Academy before taking admission.