There are some of the advantages of joining Merchant Navy:-
- You will get a very good salary package which will be in Dollars ($), Euros (€) or Ponds (£), etc depends upon the countries and shipping companies. And we all know these currencies are more valuable than our Indian currency (Rupees).
- Your Salary will be Tax Free as if you will work for more than 6 months out of your country you are treated as NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- You will get a very well maintained and Luxurious Life (Accommodation &Food, etc) on ship like a five or seven star hotel or resort.
- The Most Important and Interesting part is you can roam the Whole World in Free of Cost. (Because your shipping company will pay or Sponsor your whole travelling and its expenses.)
- You will get early responsibilities with an honor and respects; it means that within very short period you can gain good post (officer rank) with smart personality and respects.
- You can do many Inspiring and Adventurous
- You can get (Extensive Exposure) an Open environment for your work with stress free life.
- You can get (Extended Vacations) huge holidays or vacation so that you can spend more time with your family and friends.
- And the most important point is Less-Demanding Qualifications (most probably from every stream (Arts, Commerce or Science) of students can join Merchant Navy.
What is a merchant ship?
Merchant vessels are ships that are primarily used either for carrying cargo or passengers. Basically, the ships that are engaged in active commercial transportation fall in this category. The navy ships or pleasure craft that don’t charge passengers are excluded from the category of merchant vessels.
A merchant vessel or trading vessel is a boat or ship that transports cargo or carries passengers for hire.
What is a commercial vessel ?
The closely related term commercial vessel is defined by the United States Coast Guard as any vessel (i.e. boat or ship) engaged in commercial trade or that carries passengers for hire. This would exclude pleasure craft that do not carry passengers for hire or warships.
Merchant Navy is a fleet (group) of Merchant Vessels (boats or ships) that are registered in a specific country. It’s a non- military and semi- govt. sector, and off course it’s not a part of Indian Navy both are totally opposed to each other. Merchant Shipping means trading in Commercial Commodities such as;
- General Cargo,
- Industrial Goods,
- Oil Tankers,
- Chemical Tankers,
- Liquid Cargo,
- Live Stock Carrier,
- Passenger Ships,
- Cruise Ships, etc.
So let’s understand the marine industry, its produced and directed by International Maritime Organization (IMO).
As we all know very well India is the country which is surrounded by water from all its three sides, according to the Ministry of Shipping 95% of India’s trading by volume and 70% by value is done through maritime transport. But how many of us know who are behind it or how to join them to strengthen our country’s Economy, so it’s Merchant Navy.
So get ready to become:-